Managers use meetings as an avenue to pull employees together, to communicate, to disseminate information, to solve problems, to plan together, to review operation performance, and much more.
Time is a precious resource. When meetings are conducted effectively, employees’ productivity is increased due to the efficient use of employee’s time. It will also have a positive impact to teamwork. Effective meetings with any external stakeholders like suppliers or customers are equally important to obtain agreements and to complete respective tasks.
This course covers what constitute an effective meeting and how all participants should contribute to achieve it. What are the considerations and preparation a meeting chairperson should do before, during and after a meeting? How does he/she use the time to achieve the desired outcomes from the meeting? Various activities and exercise will be introduced to allow participants to practise good effective meeting habits.
Topics covered include:
- Characteristics of effective meetings
- Types and medium of meetings
- Meeting Orientations/Dynamics
- Models and methods of making decisions
- Meeting plans/agenda
- Ground rules of conducting meetings
At the end of this training, the participants will be able to;
- Understand the characteristics of an effective meeting
- Distinguish different types of meetings and meeting orientations
- Plan and create a good meeting agenda
- Conduct effective meetings
- Learn what to prepare and how to contribute to achieve effective meeting as meeting participants.
- Practice various decision-making methods in different meeting situations
- Handling “hard times” during meeting
- Publish Meeting Minutes
Duration: 1 Day
Request for Course Outline and more information.
Course Code: BH-LS01