We are starting a series of 26 adjectives. This week’s adjective is brought to you by the letter ‘A’.
Adroit is used in formal writing, mostly. Its synonyms include: skilful, agile, deft, masterful, polished and practised.
Example sentences include:
- She showed us an adroit way to solve the problem in product design.
- Right after graduation, I felt young, bright, adroit, and resolute.
- I follow this podcast series which aims to show a person how to become adroit at the greatest skill of all, the skill of living.
- Wind instruments produce special effects in chamber-music, and need an exceedingly adroit technique on the part of the musician.
- Adroit management of the nuclear power plant operations is of utmost importance for us all.
- The teacher is adroit in managing the whole class of very excited children.
- Although Adam proved quite adroit at oil painting, he was never able to sell any of his pieces.