Let’s bake some bread. We need yeast!
The yeast lends its attributes to this adjective.
Yeasty is used to describe something
a) containing or resembling yeast
b) is frothy; foamy
c) exuberant, youthful, frivolous
d) high-spirited, restless or even turbulent
Bakers will be able to understand this as those are the characteristics of what a yeast does in the dough.
- I love Esther’s sourdough bread; it has a crusty outside while being soft and chewy on the inside, with just a touch of yeasty flavor.
- The concept of the lobby design fitted is suitable for this was a yeasty company.
- The press conference is swarming with a yeasty mix of journalists and campaign workers.
- When I enter the old shops during winter, the yeasty smell overwhelms me.
- Adrian let loose a warm, yeasty laugh when he realised we were giving him a surprise birthday party.
- The yeasty music certainly fitted the celebrations.
- I don’t enjoy certain types of comedies because the characters are too yeasty.
#wotw #wordoftheweek #englishvocabulary